Saturday, February 09, 2008

One of those weeks

Ever have one of those weeks in which it feels like you're running on a treadmill and can't find the red emergency button?

To summarize: work, Brahms, proofreading, vote, doctor, work, emergency baby shower gift, House, proofreading, get Brahms score bound, work, proofreading, work, mix crabmeat dip, finally get a 20-minute run in, finally get back to Duma Key, which I haven't touched all week, work, bake crabmeat, dinner party (thanks, Jerry!), more Duma Key.

And...breathe. I'm going to the pre-race expo in a bit, then out for fro-yo with Sarah. Then I'm coming home and taking it easy, because tomorrow's race starts at 7:03, and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I'm going to wake on the hour tonight. And that just sucks.

Next week: nightly Brahms practice, then two concerts. We were supposed to be at the Alys Stephens Center for our first rehearsal with the conductor on Monday night, but we got bumped by the Indigo Girls. That's fine by me; Briarwood's a heck of a lot closer than the ASC.

No comments: