Sunday, February 03, 2008

Whistlestop tour

This weekend has to go down as one of the briefest home visits in collegiate history.

Stuck in Chicago when her flight was cancelled on Friday, my sister made it home around 10:45 Saturday morning. Twenty-three hours, a shopping trip, and a salmon-and-field-peas birthday dinner later, we drove her to Nashville for her grad school interview tomorrow morning. A strange weekend, certainly, but it was great to see the kid again.

We made it home at 5 PM, just in time for kickoff. I don't particularly care for football, and I have no great love for New York, but I was so psyched to see that touchdown pass with two minutes to go. (Actually, I looked up just as they announced it - I began reading Stephen King's newest during the second quarter. I said I don't care for football...) Oh man, why can't Yale play like that?

Actually, Yale did play like that. They played like the Patriots to Harvard's Giants, only much, much worse...

No comments: