Thursday, March 06, 2008

Being spontaneous

I love moments of random spontaneity.

The following conversation (roughly) transpired at lunch yesterday, after someone got a few of us jonesing for Fun Dip by pulling a candy stick from her purse:

"Are there any candy stores in town?"
"Yeah, SoHo Sweets. It's sort of new."
"Where's that?"
"Homewood. SoHo. You know, by Zoe's."
"No."
"Do they have various kinds of gummy things?"
"I...think so? Maybe?"
"What about old candy? Necco Wafers?"
"I don't know." (Pauses, considers the half-hour left in the lunch break.) "You guys want to go now?"

What followed was a mass exodus in search of candy. Most of the party settled for gelato. Even considering that I only had the small size of the Peanut Butter Cup flavor, I was grateful for step class this morning.

No comments: