Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm not dead

I just haven't had the time, energy, or inclination to write in a while. And yes, that can partly be construed as laziness.


I had planned on a glorious prop sale last Friday, but that was not to be. No, I was laid low by a visit from the Allergy Fairy, who gave my mom and me such a bad go of it that we had to finally visit the allergist. As it turns out, this allergist is the doctor of choice in my department, and she sent us home with goody bags of antihistamines. I got a special gift: a second inhaler. "You probably have at least seasonal asthma," she told me.


"How the heck does that work?" I asked.


She explained that my years of singing have probably taught me to compensate, then gave me a ten-minute breathing treatment before she would let me go to work. My lungs still aren't at full performance, but I got through Porgy and Bess rehearsal Monday night, and that was a blessing.

At least my friends scored some fabulous prop sale buys.

We were supposed to host my sister and her friends on Saturday night, but one of them, thinking like - well, like a young-twenty-something male - gave up their seats on the plane. Poor Jen had to overnight in Tampa, then sit through endless hassles at JFK on Sunday. She had intended to pick up her spring clothes and other important things, like her keys, on their return trip, but Mom had to mail it all to her instead. The box arrived a day late, too - this has been a great weekend for Jen.

The most exciting thing to happen in days was that I sat outside for an hour without wheezing this afternoon. It's always fun to catch pollen showering down on you out of the corner of your eye...

No comments: