Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Little Part of Me Dies

The following took place at FYE this afternoon, during a brief stop before heading to choir practice.

Me: Hi. Do you have a recording of Carmina Burana?
Male Clerk: Who?
Me: Carmina Burana. It's a big work. The recording I'm really looking for is by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra...
MC: Hang on, she'll help you. Hey! (Waves over Female Clerk, who steps behind the counter and opens her software)
FC: What are you looking for?
Me: Carmina Burana.
FC: Who's that?
Me: It's a...it's a piece called Carmina Burana. I looked in the Classical section, but I couldn't find anything.
FC: Spell that.
Me: C-A-R-M-I-N-A. Burana. Just check "Carmina".
FC: (Checks computer) Car-mihna Burana?
Me: Sure.
FC: Nope. Nothing.
Me: No version?
FC: None. Want me to order it?

I'm downloading it from Amazon as I type this, and for only $4. iTunes listed some 25 or so recordings. What is wrong with this picture?

No comments: