Saturday, December 05, 2009

Look out, world

I have done the unthinkable.

I have driven in the snow.

In a MINI.

My under-30 mph handling was awe inspiring, I'm sure.

Speaking as a southerner, I can think of few things more terrifying than knowing how to drive in wintry conditions and finding oneself in the vicinity of a car with, oh, an Alabama tag. Let's face it: that license plate is almost a guarantee that the person behind the wheel has no idea what she's doing, and is praying that this "black ice" she's heard so much about hasn't formed yet.

I made it home in one piece--they've plowed most of the roads around me--and stepped onto my balcony to look at the pretty snow in the pines. Then I noticed that my downstairs neighbor smells rather strongly of marijuana, and that just spoiled the Christmas card effect.

No comments: