Monday, October 08, 2007

Columbus Day

Since I haven't had this holiday off since grade school, I completely forgot about Columbus Day until my dad told me we didn't have to play car shuffle last night. Of course, it's not exactly a holiday for me, seeing as I don't actually work, but but it's still nice to have someone else around the house besides the dog.

Speaking of whom, Callie is currently resting under the recliner, having realized that I've thrown her three new squeaky balls as much as I'm going to for the next few hours and that my laptop is inedible. She's quite content - she's had a morning walk, a three-mile promenade, a nap, a delicious snack of cardboard paper towel roll, part of my plum, bits of Raisin Nut Bran, and rice pudding. Amazing.

The thing you forget when you're not constantly around them is that dogs are the easiest creatures on the planet to please. The world may be going to hell, and all she wants is for me to toss a plastic ball down the backyard a few dozen times. At least something is simple.

No comments: