Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Small world

At a luncheon today, I met a professor and engaged in (approximately) the following conversation:

Him: Where are you from?
Me: Here.
Him: Where did you go to high school?
Me: ISS.
Him: Where do you live?
Me: Hoover.
Him: What part of Hoover?
Me: Green Valley.
Him: What street?
Me: [Give him a suspicious look]
Him: I only ask because I live around there.
Me: [Lighten up, name street]
Him: Me, too. Which end?
Me: Patton Chapel...
Him: I'm about a block and a half down. Hey, do you know [names my mother]'s house?
Me: [Laughing by now] She's my mother.
Him: Really? [Lowers his voice] Do you drive the green Beetle?

I've never been recognized by my car before. The only thing that comes close is the adorable preschooler at church who's in love with the car, to the point that she encouraged her mother to chase me one morning.

No comments: