Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Finally, it's here again - the holiday season officially kicks off today, and I'll stop bitching quite so vehemently about people who are already burning their Christmas lights. (I'm sorry, but burning lights before Thanksgiving, let alone December 1, makes the baby Jesus cry.)

It's good to be home for Thanksgiving this year. Not that last year was bad - I've never had a Thanksgiving with such an interesting turkey, a class reading, and so much alcohol consumption around me - but after my abysmal attempt at Cajun stuffing last Thanksgiving, it's very good to let my mother handle the cooking. I'll vacuum, rake, wipe plates, Throw The Ball, but God, let her do the cooking. Jen also made excellent hummus and pita chips last night, so at least there's hope for this family.

Speaking of which, everyone should be arriving in about two hours. My poor mother had to work both this morning and this evening, so we're having more of a Thanksgiving tea, if one judges solely by time slot. In any case, there will be crabmeat dip, and a turkey leg has been reserved for me. So excited.

No comments: