Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Book fest!

Remember the book sale back in grade school? Every year, Scholastic would drive up with a truck of paperbacks and catalogues for the kiddies, and you'd take a catalogue home to your parents, who would either make a list of books for you to buy or (as you got older) just give you a blank check.

Man, I miss those days. My sister got me onto Susan Cooper, thanks to the book sale.

Today was kind of like that, minus the Animorphs titles. Apparently, books sent to the company that aren't used are occasionally given away. I snagged a few this afternoon, and was shocked by the selection sent to the department. Look, no matter how relevant to southern life the PR person thinks it might be, it's pretty safe to say that Tor's catalogue isn't going to be reviewed by this magazine any time soon.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I like Tor, and I'm a sucker for books.

No comments: