Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy hour

This afternoon, I joined Dennis, Sarah, Sarah Louise, Amelia, Jen, Jason, and Jason's sister for Happy Hour at McCormick and Schmick's. The lure was the promise of $2 hamburgers. The catch was the two-drink minimum. Knowing that I would be joining my parents for dinner, I drank my wine, ate my hummus, and tried to pass my second carafe off on the only underage person at the table. I don't know if anyone finished it - I had to go early - but I hope someone did; $6 for a glass of house Riesling is a little steep.

My folks met me at HabaƱeros for dinner, and shortly thereafter, we met Juan, our server. Juan was a nice guy - he actually spoke English! - and he had us introduce ourselves after dinner: "You are Mom, you are Dad, and Princess is..."

Damn, I hate it when I blush.

No comments: