Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Suiting up

This morning began my new internship, meaning I was up at 6, pulled a business suit from the closet, and made it to work by quarter of 8. Yes, it was a bit on the early side, but I'll get to come in at 9 from now on. Of course, I also get to stay there until 5:30, but that's alright - I got the full tour today, and SPC has a truly amazing campus, complete with waterfall and patios that will be lovely once the temperature gets above 30. Say, Friday. We're in a bit of a cold snap at the moment.

I've only been there one day, but I'm really liking SPC. The people couldn't be friendlier, and the organization is incredible. Having only worked with small publications to this point, I was shocked at the sheer functionality. Then again, I've worked places where having an art bag is considered highly organized, so it may take me a bit to get acclimated. It's a very different environment, but I think I'm going to get a lot out of the next six months.

Now, if only my suit wardrobe lasts...

No comments: