Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Orientation, Day the Second

Orientation officially came to an end after lunch today, but the calendar remains full: tubing, softball, class elections, Bar Review, potluck, horse races, and skit writing, to name a few entries. It's a lot to digest, but at least there are no awkward sex ed meetings/role-playing sketches this time through.

Oh yeah, and classes begin tomorrow. There's always that.

The day begins at 8:50, which sounds early when considering the collegiate mindset. (My section in Edinburgh had class from 4 to 6, for instance, and complained bitterly when our lit class second semester met at 10 a.m., which was tantamount to meeting in the middle of the night for some folks.) I try to remind myself that I've spent most of the last year arriving at work (one job or another) at 7:30, and that this is actually sleeping in, but the undergrad in me is still a touch displeased. Still, the long lunch break will certainly come in handy as the semester progresses--having taken a look at the Legal Research syllabus, I'm foreseeing quality library time in the near future.

Incidentally, tomorrow will probably be the day when someone wins the Cold Call Pot. I'm thinking that this is probably the one time in our entire law school career when the whole section wants to be called on.

No comments: