Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Singing again

After a month's hiatus, I've joined a new church choir. Now I once again have a reason to sing outside the confines of my car! (Of course, that may or may not be a good thing, but as long as I sing along with the Rent soundtrack by myself, no one gets hurt, right?)

Yes, I realize the SBA activities fair is Thursday afternoon, but priorities, people. If the law school spawns a choir that wants to tackle something Messiah-like, come find me, okay?

Speaking of which, this activities fair should be fun. We leave Civ Pro with half an hour to make the rounds, get the fliers, and do the whole "So...how'd you like to join our club?" thing we all knew and loved in undergrad. At least there won't be roving bands of a cappella singers at this fair...unless someone forgot to mention them in the brochure...

Tomorrow afternoon, we get to hear a few remarks about public interest law. Thursday is the aforementioned fair, Saturday is tubing, and Sunday is softball. A few parties are being thrown in the mix as well. Oh yeah, and reading. Right...that.

Actually, the reading has been much better than I'd anticipated. It's usually interesting, for one, and with this nice break in the middle of the day, I've had time to do some of my homework without having to lug the casebooks home. I mean, the bookbag's sexy [cough, cough] enough when it's not bulging at the seams.

No comments: