Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday

Ever have one of those nights where all you want for dinner is a tuna sandwich?

I fought the crowds to go to Tesco tonight at six, then headed for the aisle of canned meats, where my heart promptly sank. Tasting tuna already, I was confronted by a selection of sardines, mackerel, crabmeat, salmon, Spam, and cocktail weenies. I really didn't want to buy canned salmon - on top of everything else, it was roughly £3 a can - but then I found the tuna, tucked away on the aisle end. Thank God.

Incidentally, they sell frozen breaded Spam cutlets over here. If that's not gross, I don't know what is.

My plans for the evening include writing and a run though Bean Scene, but I'm tempted by the DVD on my desk. Having abandoned the Daily Mail's crap DVDs, I noticed that the Sun, which is terrible but only 15p, is doing horror "classics" this week. Today's selection was Halloween, which I've somehow never seen. Tomorrow is Evil Dead. Best of all, McColl's, where ones goes to pick these up, is just around the corner from me.

The only downside, of course, is that these DVDs are Region 2, meaning they won't work in a standard American DVD player. No worries; the computer can handle all.

I love technology. And tuna sandwiches with hard boiled eggs and light mayo.

No comments: