Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sweet 16

I'm going to be honest: I don't know jack about basketball.

I gleaned a vague understanding of how the game was played during my one-year stint as a cheerleader for the Advent Panthers (process of elimination is a marvelous thing), then watched the varsity team at Indian Springs (no mascot, really) get beaten on an almost annual basis. In college, my attention switched to football, which allowed me long, boring periods in which to read my course packets and cheer on the YPMB.

So now, since Facebook is doing this whole giant basketball pool thing, I decided to join a pool, pick teams, and see what happened.

At the end of round two, I was on top of my bracket. Statistically speaking, how the hell did that happen?!?

The Sweet 16 will happen soon, though, and I fear that my days of pool supremacy are over. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

No comments: