Sunday, March 11, 2007

Newspaper freebies...

...or how I get my daily walk to Princes Street, whether I like it or not:

Last week, the Daily Telegraph did its Jane Austen promotion, meaning that I got myself into a routine of visiting Tesco in the morning, picking up my paper, cutting out the voucher, and tramping down to Costa for my book. It's not a bad walk down to Costa - a little under a mile, all told - and it gave me a reason to get outside (and one to procrastinate, as if I needed it).

Having collected my books, I visited Tesco again this morning for a new promotion. Turns out the Daily Mail is running a series of fantasy DVDs for the next two weeks. Most look pretty lame, but the one this morning was the 1998 TV miniseries Merlin, which I liked back in the day and can laugh at now that I've read Malory. If I want any of the others, however, I'll have to cut out the coupons and go down to WH Smith, which is in Waverly Station, just next to Costa.

Well, it's exercise.

No comments: