Monday, May 28, 2007

Guilty pleasures

Last night, a group of us went to see P of the C: At World's End, a film I described to my mother as "168 minutes of lusting".

My father then asked me if I was going to see Shrek.

It wasn't the strongest of the series - there were quite a few loose ends and more double-crosses than any movie based on a Disney ride should have - but between the special effects, the fight scenes, and, ahem, Will Turner, I passed a pleasant three hours in the theater. The ending made little sense until I saw (on Wikipedia, Fount of Useless Knowledge) that an explanatory scene had been cut before the release. (Director's Cut, anyone?) I won't spoil it, but for anyone going in the near future, sit through the credits. Yes, they're long, but you get to see names like "Richard De'Ath", who you just know got teased in school.

That was yesterday. A few minutes ago, I finally found an MP3 of a song I've been guiltily enjoying since high school, one that not even Amazon seems to sell.

Anyone remember Daler Mehndi and the immortal "Tunak Tunak Tun" video? You know you did the dance...

I still have little clue as to what he's saying, even after looking at the translation. Does anyone know what "tunak" means, anyway?

No comments: