Thursday, May 17, 2007

My kind of band

I consider myself a moderate Evanescence fan - I haven't been to any concerts or anything, but I bought both Fallen and The Open Door.

Yes, on actual, glorious CDs.

Thanks to Wikipedia, however, I learned that they produced several EPs and one questionably decent CD prior to Fallen, but that they were released in very limited issues, some with less than 1,000 copies in the complete run. Basically, unless you want to pay a few hundred dollars for one on eBay, you're not going to find copies anywhere.

In an interview a few years back, the band addressed this issue by saying that paying eBay prices for one of their early EPs is ridiculous, and that they'd rather fans just buy the new CDs and download the old tracks. As the EPs aren't for sale and they're not generating any money for the band, they don't mind fans just having the songs.

I found a site today that has taken this to heart, and so I now have more old Evanescence tracks than I know what to do with. I'm thinking there will be a listening in the near future...

No comments: