Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas redux

Merry Christmas, everyone! It's been a good last few days - church, family, friends, ridiculous amounts of food, and...yeah, presents. Santa brought jewelry and the Chicago Manual of Style this year. I got my dog a stuffed squeaky moose, which she disemboweled in about ten minutes, and a rawhide candy cane-shaped bone, which she has just about consumed.

I got the Jeeves clock this year - if you haven't seen this yet, go to Voco.uk.com and check it out. It wakes you with tweeting birds, then "Good morning, madam..." in the voice of Stephen Fry. He then continues with about 50 phrases. So amusing, if slightly more confusing than my old digital alarm clock.

I registered for the Mercedes Half-marathon this afternoon, so now it's official - I have about six and a half weeks to prepare for the race. Something tells me I'm going to be seeing a lot of the lake next month...

No comments: