Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

What a weird year 2007 has been. This time last year, Jen and I were hanging out at our hotel in Gulf Shores, waiting to go to Lulu's for dinner (and then on to watch the anchor drop...very thematic). We went back to our respective schools a few days later...and then I wrote a ton, ate more Tesco couscous than could be good for me, vacationed in Spain, made it to Africa mere months before Jen (who actually spent a legitimate amount of time down there), showed my parents around Scotland, appeared in The Golden Hour Book (and attended a book premiere that had my name on the poster! ), came home, met some fun people, "networked", visited Vicksburg, got a temporary gig with Thicket, ran the Vulcan 10K, graduated in absentia, appeared in V (book #2 of the year!), met Randy Owen at his museum, got an internship with Southern Living, and appeared in Lipstick with a snake around my neck.

Strange...

I went through my pictures today to begin scrapbooking the last year, and ended up bringing 232 to Wolf to be printed. This was a sample. It's frightening how many pictures I took in Scotland.

Tonight, I'm ringing in the new year with Anna and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which should be awesome. My sunglasses are ready to go, because, as I've been noting for months, nothing quite says "Christmas music" like "laser cannons". Afterwards, Mom's putting out a midnight breakfast, and then it's to bed for my last day before Real Work begins. Wednesday, I'm to be at SPC at 8 AM, chipper and ready to go. This isn't exactly a friendly hour, so I'm trying to convince my parents that horrible things won't befall me if I go running in the evening. Getting out of bed at 4:30 is never fun.

Still, that's better than 24 hours away. Happy New Year!

No comments: