Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Midweek

You can tell it's almost Christmas. The traffic, particularly around the malls, verges on atrocious, especially around lunchtime (when we're all trying to get back to work, which is, unfortunately, next to a mall). The neighbors have flown back to Scotland. The lights are reaching critical mass; when Jen comes home, I'll have to do a 2007 edition of bad lighting displays, hopefully with a functional video camera this year. The office break room is stocked with dwindling supplies of chocolate goodies from corporate gift baskets. The parties are coming fast and furious.

Speaking of which, tomorrow night is the Executive Traveler Christmas party, and I'm making crabmeat dip for the second time in a week. It's a pretty simple recipe, and since some of my friends have dubbed it "crack dip" - it's white and addictive - I'm figuring it's a sure bet for tomorrow. Sad to say that my time in the ET building, which began way back in 2004, is nearing its end, at least for the time being (and how many times has that happened, now?), as my (paid!) internship with Southern Living begins on January 2. Happy New Year to me...

No comments: