Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Georgia on my mind

It's always fun to go to Atlanta, especially when it's to do a bit of shopping. Mom and I headed over for a day of mall hopping at 6 AM, meaning I got up at 4:30 and acted surly for the first hour of the morning. Three hours later, having survived the continual construction on I-20 and the new construction on I-285, we hit Lenox Square and the fun began.

By 4 PM (EST), with our trunk loaded and soft drinks in hand, it was time to head home. We hadn't counted on the 285 traffic being horrible, however, and with the traffic volume, it took us 50 minutes to go 20 miles. We made it through, thank God, and after three hours of dodging semis, we made it home, where we enjoyed the first of our Neiman Marcus mini bundt cakes, Chocolate Champagne.

Yum. Five to go.

No comments: