Wednesday, September 06, 2006

58 hours and counting...

I feel as if I'm running out of things to do, yet cannot shake the feeling that I'm forgetting something important.

Papers? Check.
Copy of papers? Check.
Copy of copy of papers? Check.
OCD? Perhaps.
Ridiculous amount of winter clothing? Check.
Box of suede footwear I've waterproofed? Check. (Hey, I can be optimistic.)
Plug converters? Check. (Number of appliances I'll need to buy in the first day? Not going there.)

I've continued saying my goodbyes today. The evening will culminate at my friend Rosanna's apartment at a dinner she's throwing for my sister and me. We're both leaving at once - I'll be dropped at the airport on Friday, my family will return to Birmingham, pack the car, and leave to take her to Chicago the next day. This is not a happy time in the household. Luckily, Gizmo's only charging me one cent per minute to call home...that is, as soon as I figure out "Resnet," Edinburgh's questionable student telecom service.

Many things remain unexplained by Edinburgh: my flatmates, my class schedule, my anticipated graduation date. They just sent out the "A to Zed" guide to student housing, however, so maybe I'll hear something further before I get on the ground.

Then again, maybe not.

No comments: