Saturday, December 30, 2006

Little of this, little of that

Okay, I've been a bit lax in updating this blog over the break. So shoot me, I'm on vacation.

Not a lot has been happening lately - we're mostly in a holding position, awaiting the new year and the subsequent return to school. Two things of interest have happened in the last few days, however:

1) My sister, a compulsive reader of the oh-so-tacky society pages, discovered a little gem. A group of women with too much money got together for a little potluck dinner or some other such recreation. The writer described each guest's dish, concluding with that of the one unlucky soul who brought (I'm paraphrasing here) 'small hotdogs wrapped in pastry.' Pigs in a blanket, anyone?

2) We had a reunion last night of some people from my elementary/middle school last night. The good? Surin West has excellent Thai food. The bad? People were looking around at the newcomers, whispering things like, "Who is that, again?" A bit awkward at first, but the evening was fun, and drunk guys outside of Starbucks are always good for a laugh.

No comments: