Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What day is it again?

I'm having a rather difficult time keeping track of the days, especially since the Advent calendar has been exhausted for the year. It's still Wednesday, as far as I can tell, but it feels like Saturday. We took the bulk of the decorations down this morning, excepting the three trees. Yeah, three. My dad, who coincidentally is allergic to pine, has a great time hauling logs twice a year. In the past, Alabama Power would take them from the grocery store's parking lot and stick them in a lake or something (little sketchy on the details), but no longer, so now everything's being dragged to the curb for collection/pulping by the garbage men. Sort of a depressing end to the holiday, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

My vacation is quickly winding down - I'll be back in Edinburgh in a little over a week - and already I have a list of things to do:

1) Join gym (thanks, Santa).
2) Get ******* Accomodations to take my money.
3) Find a part-time job.
4) Start thinking about a real job (Monster.com turned up a post at Trailer Life Magazine...please, God, no...).
5) Pay Ian for the Spain flight (I haven't forgotten, man).
6) Start writing again, as I've produced a grand total of roughly 2,000 words since I got home.
7) Get published. I'm being really optimistic on this one.

No comments: