Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Night of much goodness

Despite the gully washer we were treated to this morning (and over dinner), today turned out to be rather pleasant. I managed to snag a pair of flip flops in this month's copy of Elle, and to do a little work in the meanwhile. Afterwards, there was time for dinner at Favorit - there's nothing quite like introducing someone to the wonders of Favorit nachos and waffles and ice cream in the same meal.

Once the rain let up, it was time for the Golden Hour, which was made even better with a bottle of something I'd never tried before, pear cider. It's quite smooth, with a distinct finish, and though I do enjoy my Strongbow, I'd recommend this one as well. Still, no one quite tops Ryan, who when we left had downed at least a liter of wine on his own. The beard doesn't lie; he's a man among men.

No comments: