Sunday, June 24, 2007

Two nights, two movies

To escape the constant rain/fog/unseasonably nasty weather we've been having, I treated myself to movies on Friday and Saturday night.

Friday's cinematic feature was Epic Movie, predictably bad but unavoidable. I've seen the Scary Movie franchise, and I sat through their stab at a romantic comedy, so I figured that a guy doing a Jack Sparrow imitation couldn't be all bad. And it is close, but it's not completely horrible. Just...random. How can you be anything else when you're combining The DaVinci Code, Nacho Libre, Snakes on a Plane, X-Men, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Cribs, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Punk'd, Pirates of the Caribbean, "Lazy Sunday", Talladega Nights, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Click, and stabs at ninja movies, Sigfried and Roy, and Paris Hilton?

Saturday was the long-awaited advance screening of Shrek the Third (yeah, yeah...I know it's been out for a month already in the States, but things can be slow over here), which was amusing but slightly disappointing. I found the third to be the weakest in the series, though it still has its share of amusing moments. Many of these, unfortunately, were covered in the trailers, but I'm still pleased to have seen it. Bring on Shrek 4!

No comments: