Saturday, June 09, 2007

Snip

After seeing Rachel's lovely cut on Thursday night, I decided to finally take the plunge and go to Cheynes for a trim.

I realize it's just a haircut, but this took some soul searching. I haven't let anyone but Susanne at Trocadero touch my head in years, and I've never actually paid for my own haircut. I know, it's sad, but since I went home once a season during college, I've never gone longer than three months or so without getting coiffed. Six months on, however, my ends were looking rather shabby and split.

Long story short, Cheynes is very nice. Their shampoo chair reclines and has a built-in massager, and I really could have carried it out with me and installed it in my dorm room. I got an appointment on the same day, my stylist was only about fifteen minutes behind, and she was quite good.

Cheynes is interesting in that you pay different rates for more experienced stylists - being a student, I of course opted for the bottom tier, to my mother's consternation. She was even more shocked when I revealed how much it had set me back:

"You payed $60 for an inexperienced stylist?!?"

Well, when you put it in pounds, it doesn't sound quite so bad. Plus, Ashley the stylist called my bangs "fringe", which amused me to no end.

No comments: