Monday, July 23, 2007

Camping for the Tattoo

Tickets for the Tattoo preview show went on sale at 10 AM. Besides the happy fact that they're half-price, these tickets are our only chance to see the Tattoo, as the real shows sold out within hours back in January. I had planned to camp in front of my computer and hope their system would be able to withstand the traffic, but last night I decided it would be safer to go down to the office instead and get my tickets in person.

Well, as it turned out, that wasn't going to happen. I made it down to the Tattoo office shortly after 9, and found a line stretching around the block. It could have been Harry Potter night all over again, except for the number of copies I passed as I tried to find the end of the queue. One girl at the front had brought a blanket; God only knows how long she'd been on the sidewalk. When I realized that a) the line extended halfway up Waverley Bridge, and b) there was no way I would make my 11 o'clock appointment with Alan if I waited, I decided to head back south and try my luck on the computer.

It was slow - the booking took at least 15 minutes - but I managed to get into the system right at 10 and secured what appear to be halfway decent seats. Bagpipes, here we come...

No comments: