Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wet Tuesday

There was supposed to be a picnic in the Meadows Tuesday. Alas, the weather gods of Scotland had other ideas.

The morning was lovely, sunny and relatively warm (as Ella put it, it's great if you don't think about which month it's supposed to be), and I hurried off to pull together lunch ingredients before one. We had a minor downpour around noon, but it was brief, and I thought there might be a rain contingency plan. At ten of one, however, when no information to the contrary had come through, I stupidly figured I'd go down to the Meadows and see if anyone was around.

The rain, which until then had slacked off, came back in full force. By the time I got to the park, my coat was dripping, and I sorely regretted leaving my little umbrella at home. At least my canvas bag dries quickly. Upon returning to my room, I caught the e-mail cancelling the event due to rain. You know, just as the sun was coming out.

After a long, dry afternoon, Ella and I took a walk last night, and made it about as far as Blockbuster when the heavens once again decided to spit upon us. Obviously, the weather gods want me to stay inside and preserve my winter pallor. It's overcast right now, so today could go either way.

In happier news, three days until HP7!!!

No comments: