Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday

Amazingly, I made it through an entire day without losing consciousness on a major street. Huzzah!

This morning began with church (and a whopping four people in the choir). Roy and Ian were both back, meaning we had no guest leaders for the first time all summer. Afterwards, my parents and I did lunch at Wannaburger (really good milkshakes, incidentally), and then we started down towards Holyrood House. On the way, we just happened to wander into Hector Russell, and I just happened to find a lovely Harris Tweed blazer. While I thought it was a little pricey, my mother explained that it would be twice that price in the States, even with the pound as high as it is right now, so it was actually a bargain. I never thought I'd find a bargain in Scotland. Our clerk told us about going to Harris and visiting one of the weavers, who asked him to take the sweater she'd just finished. He protested that he couldn't afford it, and she said to just give her five quid for the wool. That is a bargain.

After that, we toured the palace, which isn't a bad little shack at all. I could use my own throne room. Dinner tonight was at The Witchery, which is truly lovely. Dark chocolate torte with lavender ice cream and a glass of Muscat...let's just say that I could do that again some time without needing much persuasion.

No comments: