Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday again

Today was one of those mornings that begs for a lie-in: cold, overcast, and sporadically raining. Still, I sucked it up and made it to the gym, then came back and began planning a tentative itinerary for my parents' trip over here at the end of the month. So far, I think I can get us everywhere we want to go by bus or train, with the exception of Glencoe. I'm not thrilled about the prospect of my mother behind the wheel of a British car - not that I don't trust her driving aptitude, but it is the wrong side of the very winding road - but one day shouldn't kill us...

Having realized that Warwick Davis, aka Professor Flitwick, is also the actor who played Willow in the 1988 Spielberg film, I logged onto YouTube and found a copy of the movie. Well, all but forty minutes of it - the guy offered Part 1, then Parts 6-12. Still, I'm pretty sure I have the gist of what transpires in Willow, and yeah, it's a Hobbit knock-off. At least now, assuming we get into the Blackwell's party on Friday, I can look at Warwick Davis and know him as something other than a short wizard...like a short sorcerer...

No comments: