Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fun with needles

Some time in college, maybe sophomore year or so, there was an explosion of knitting. By the time I graduated, seemingly half the girls I knew could knit actual pieces of clothing, like hats. I never picked it up - my family is a little on the handicrafts-challenged side - but I've been considering it for a while.

Yesterday, as a reward to myself for getting through an essay draft (hey, it's the little things that keep you going), I went down to EBS and purchased cheap needles and yarn. Since then, I've been studying schematics all over the Internet and trying to make the yarn do something productive.

I can cast on. I can sort of knit, and this morning I managed to knit multiple rows. Purling, for whatever reason, is still beyond me.

Alisa, Emily, and all the other Glee Club knitters - I have new-found respect for your mad skills.

No comments: