Monday, April 16, 2007

Long walks and fun with Tesco

This being Jeeves and Wooster week, we were all revved up to walk to Princes Street for our DVDs today. Unfortunately, WH Smith isn't on Princes Street. No, the rail station WH Smith doesn't participate in these sort of schemes, meaning that our nearest WH Smith was in the Cameron Toll Shopping Centre, which is 1.5 miles away.

Fair enough. It was a nice day for a walk, and though the mall's nothing to write home about, I finally saw it. Since we have four DVDs to go, however, and since both Anurag and I are collecting (he's picking up copies for two other people as well), we've decided to combine forces and go on alternate days, meaning that I don't have to swing by Tesco in the morning and get my paper.

Ah, Tesco. Lately, I've been making friends with the morning security guard, as the door scanner has been going off every time I pass through. I don't know what it is! It's not necessarily the iPod - I've tried leaving that at home - and I don't carry my cell phone most of the time. Either there's something about me that the scanner doesn't like, or something in my purse is bothering it, and I have no idea what that could be. I've cleaned out the bag, checked everything for security tags, but so far, no luck. At least the security guard's a nice fellow.

No comments: