Friday, April 27, 2007

Well...Friday, at least

Today won't go down as the most exciting on record, but it did have its high points.

I set off for a walk to Duddingston Loch, a bird sanctuary located on the southeastern side of Holyrood Park. While I was there, I decided to finally do what I had been meaning to do for months and check out the little church up the road. As it turns out, the church is the oldest still in use in Midlothian, and dates from the 12th century. You can still see the hardware once used for tying up your horse. While there, I noted that Craigmillar Castle was only 1.5 miles away, so I decided to make the hike.

Craigmillar was a favorite of Mary, Queen of Scots', but that's about all I can say about it - having made an impromptu trip, I had no cash on me, and thus couldn't get inside the castle. The cows grazing outside were a nice touch, however, and the day itself was lovely. The nice weather and the fragrant trees and shrubs were the only consolation I had on the way back; what began as a relatively short walk turned into a six- or seven-mile hike, and my feet are still sore from Wednesday.

The other bright spot of the day was receiving e-mail confirmation of my audition on Tuesday. I found a posting on SAGE for a two-week gig requiring a female with an American accent. I qualify on the most basic criteria, so let's see what I can pull out in the studio...

Also: Nightwish is awesome. Yes, they're a Finnish symphonic metal group, but they're still awesome.

No comments: