Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Employment

As I'm currently living on the Mom and Dad Dole, I'm trying to pick up a little spare cash in the form of a part-time job. This is trickier than one thinks - legally, I can work only 20 hours per week, and then there's this business with an NI number (basically, I pay into a service I can never use), plus scheduling issues.

I've submitted an application to the Edinburgh Woolen Mill, which is one of the few stores on the Royal Mile that doesn't continually play bagpipe music. Barring that, my friends have begun to come up with suggestions:

Bean Scene (coffee and bad nachos)
Starbucks (more expensive coffee, no nachos)
Kilimanjaro (coffee, not sure about nachos)
Favorit (nachos, and Belgian waffles with ice cream)

See a trend?

Thanks, y'all.

No comments: