Friday, November 03, 2006

Guilty pleasures

Friday deserves special recognition as the official start of the weekend. To celebrate, I've been making a day of it.

The morning began with a pleasant walk in the...ahem...crisp autumn air. Leigh and I now know why so many people over here are pale with rosy cheeks.

Afterwards, I went to the theater to procure Borat tickets for tonight, then noticed the St. James shopping center, and thought I should check it out. The first store was an HMV, so I gave in and completed my Meat Loaf collection.
As iTunes's reviewer put it, "The third installment in the Bat Out of Hell saga is far from a subtle affair," but that's why we love Meat Loaf. Once again, a big thank you is due to Rhonda Vegliante for sharing Bat Out of Hell and Bat Out of Hell II. There's nothing quite like a Meat Loaf cover of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now."

On the way back, I caved and bought a £3 Starbucks Gingerbread Latte. Not as sweet as the American version, which was a disappointment, but it gives me something to look forward to at Christmas.

Also, plans are in the works for an Inverness weekend next week...it's about time we did some Loch Ness monster spotting!

No comments: