Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An odd day

Well, the election results returned today, and the Democrats managed to wrestle away control of the House and probably the Senate.

Damn, I hate it when that happens. I had seen the House coming, but I thought the Senate would stay in Republican control. Ah well, you win some, you lose some, and Bob Riley's still my governor, so that's one plus of the day. Bob actually reminded all of us to vote with a Facebook status update yesterday, which really amused me.

The truly odd bit about today came in the form of an e-mail. Over one month ago, I discovered by asking around that I had not been selected to interview for a library position. Today, they finally bothered to tell me:

Thanks for your application for a Student Shelving Assistant post. I apologise for the unusually long delay in replying. I regret to tell you that, on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted for interview. We had a very large number of applications and matching the time slots of the posts available with the applicants meant that difficult choices had to be made.
'Unusually long delay'? This is slow even by Uni standards! Then again, Accommodation has yet to take my money...let's see if they figure it out before Christmas.

No comments: